Problem Using Site

I have been uploading observations since July 17 but nothing is getting ID’ed. I think I have entered all the correct information. This has only been happening since the site maintenance on July 18-observations entered before that were ID’ed by community members. Has something changed since site maintenance and I am missing an entry somewhere.
Thanks.

1 Like

It looks like your records are getting recorded somehow with no location information. This means they don’t get put into the needs ID pool.

Your first 3 records that got identified had locations mapped. Did you change anything in terms of how you are recording them to not get them mapped ?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I am entering the same way as before with location information so am not sure why it is not be recorded. I will try a another today(July24) and see what happens.

What might be happening is that you are typing in a location name in the box hightlighted in yellow (in your case Nanaimo, BC is what you are entering), but if your photos do not have co-ordinates embedded into them, to do a search, you need to enter it into the box at the top I have circled in red. Then zoom in and and if needed click exactly on the map where it was.

Capture

Thanks for your help. I have just been entering the latitude and longitude directly and that seems to be working.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.