Problem with uploading pics to Naturalist

Hi there,
I hope you can help me uploading pictures to iNaturalist.
I am using an iMac 24", M1, 2021 with macOS Venture 13.4
and as a browser Safari 16.5

Until yesterday evening I had no problems with downloading, but since today in the morning I have problems: the first 4 pictures are showing up but with the note “Invalid Date” and the next pictures are not loaded down at all (“Upload failed”) see attachment
Any idea what I can do?
Thanks for your help
Peter
echocreek

Processing: Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 10.29.21 AM.png…

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

It looks like your attachment never got uploaded to the forum. Can you please try again?

• Can you send some of these photos to help@inaturalist.org so we can test them out?

• Does upload work on any other browsers?

Thanks for replying.
It looks like that I can download some pictures but not others.
I sent some of the pictures which I can’t upload to help@inaturalist.org and I attached as well the attachment again.
Thanks for your help

“Download” usually means getting data (eg a photo) from a server to your device. “Upload” means you are taking data (eg a photo) that’s on your device and send it to a server (like iNaturalist’s servers). So when you say “download” here do you really mean “upload”?

sorry I mixed that one up

1 Like

No worries! I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, so to speak.

I received the photos you sent, but couldnt replicate the issue. I replied, asking for photos to be sent via a third party like DropBox or Google Drive, but haven’t heard back.