Remove an establishment means?

Maybe I am missing it, or maybe this should go in under a Bug Report, but is there a way to remove an entry under the Establishment means on a checklist ?

Clearly you can reset it to a new value, but can you remove the entry entirely ?

Use case - I added the endemic label for the Crete checklist on this species
https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/435858-Biarum-davisii

Doing so cascaded upwards and set it for the Greece checklist, which I suppose is OK, but also the Europe checklist which seems kind of pointless, even if it is technically correct. I know the concept of adding endemic flags at the continent level has been discussed previously, and is generally frowned upon.

But I see no way to remove the label from the Europe checklist. I can set it to a new value, but not remove it or return it to blank.

1 Like

I donā€™t remember which species it was at the moment, but I noticed something similar with one of my observations in South Korea that was marked ā€˜Endemic to Asiaā€™. As you said, it is technically correct but I did - and still do - wonder how helpful that information is given the size of the continent.

It looks like changing the status to ā€œunknownā€ removes it from the checklist. This is essentially ā€œblankā€ because thatā€™s the default value for the field.

ā€œNativeā€ would also be an appropriate selection in this case.

If this doesnā€™t have the desired effect, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.