Select a range of dates in Calendar for viewing lifers

Platform(s), such as mobile, website, API, other: N/A

URLs (aka web addresses) of any pages, if relevant: N/A

Description of need:
After a trip I would often like to review the species that I have seen, with particular focus on those that were new to me. I’d like to be able to see a list of species in a particular date range that were new. At the moment I can do this through my Calendar, but this is just for individual dates, and I can’t filter them for a particular type of species.

Feature request details:
Allow a range of dates to be selected in Calendar, and then provide filters where “life list firsts” can be viewed.

Welcome to the forum! I would love to know how to do this, so thank you for posting a request.

The only other way I know how to do something like this, other than the individual calendar days, is via the Year in Review summaries. (If you haven’t seen it yet, replace “muir” with your iNat user name in the following link: https://www.inaturalist.org/stats/2023/muir

There is a “Newly Added Species” section where you can see the new species added (note: not observed) in that month. Screenshot:

3 Likes

You can kinda get it if you go to observations, then filters, then in the date observed category you can sort by a range of dates. After that you can use the other filters to refine it, however I don’t think you can sort by new species

1 Like