I went into project page about a metropolitan area around Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) and note some weird boundaries, then went to investigate. I found several things wrong with Standard Places:
- The city of “Porto Alegre” includes the city of “São José do Norte” and some random islands/tips between the two places. If I search up “São José do Norte”, it gives me a square around the urban centre of the city. I don’t think the islands are of much problem.
- The cities of “Estância Velha” and “Estância” are switched up.
- The city of “Capão da Canoa” is listed as “Capão do Leão”.
- The city of “Capão do Leão” is listed/divided as “Capivari do Sul” and “Capitão”, they should be merged and renamed.
- The city of “Terra de Areia” is including its neighbour “Itati” that should be a separate city. It also should be merged with "Capela de “Santana”, which is misnamed and is part of the city.
- There’s a ‘ghost city’ named “Capão da Canoa” that includes “Capivari do Sul”, “Capela de Santana” e “Capitão”. Neither of them have correct standard places, searching them only gives a square similar to item 1.