Socially Distant Bioblitz - seeking participants

On May 3rd, please join Antioch University New England for the second international Socially Distant Bioblitz in our new tri-weekly bioblitz series that adheres to the World Health Organization’s guidelines for social distancing. Observations can be submitted from home or wherever you find yourself on May 3rd.

To participate, simply click the “JOIN” button in the top-right of the project page (link above). On May 3rd, any observation you make between 12:00 am - 11:59 pm will be automatically added to the project, regardless of when you upload it.

For those of you participating in the 2020 City Nature Challenge (CNC), we encourage you to take a 5-minute break from identifying to contribute a few observations to the Socially Distant Bioblitz (SDB). Can’t spare time on May 3rd? The following SDB is scheduled for May 24th. Mark your calendars!

Our April Socially Distant Bioblitz had an amazing turnout; nearly 350 participants submitted over 12,500 observations of over 3,000 species, representing 6 continents and 27 countries across the world. Stories from the April SDB can be viewed in the project journal.

We hope you will join us on May 3rd for our next bioblitz.

Best wishes,

Steven

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

This is potentially my first Bioblitz so I am hoping you will indulge a few questions from a noob.

Do participants have to be in a specific geographical area like a province, state, or country?
Can photos be submitted after May 3rd as long as the time/date stamp is on that Sunday?

no, it’s a worldwide event

yes.

1 Like

I am trying to tag this project on my observations via the websire but it isn’t recognizing the projecg name. Please help so I don’t have to do this one at a time after they’re uploaded.

Thank you!

1 Like

You don’t have to tag this project, it is automatically added the observations as long as it meets the requirements. Like the CNC.

Thank you.

1 Like

No problem! :-)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.