At bottom right of screen you can select a language from this list (in 3 screenshots here):
When you cursor-hover over a language name, its name in English pops up (or in whatever language has already been selected).
- The names should all have an uppercase initial.
- The languages should not duplicate each other.
- Each language name should be listed in its own language (not in English, e.g.).
- The names should be in alphabetical order, using the English alphabet. For languages written in other alphabets, such as Hebrew, the English name is used for sorting.
A. The list is not in correct order.
B. Some names are all lowercase.
C. “bahasa Indonesia” should just be “Indonesian”, as the word “bahasa” means language.
D. Some languages are superfluous, as they bring up translations of the screen that hardly differ. Examples:
- Spanish (Argentina) produces a screen that is the same as Spanish, except for 3 accent marks, the use of DONA instead of DONAR (“donate” vs. “to donate”), and the use of “conectate” instead of “conecta” (“you connect” vs. “connect”).
- Spanish (Colombia) produces a screen same as Spanish, except for DONAR.
- Spanish (Mexico) produces a screen same as Spanish, except for “hallazos” instead of “observaciones” (“findings” vs “observations”), “Acerca de” instead of “Acerca” (both mean About), and “condiciones” instead of “términos” (“conditions” vs “terms”).
- Basque, Macedonian, Occitan and Albanian all bring up screens entirely in English with the sole exception of translating SIGN UP).
- French (Canada) shows the same as French except for “Notre blogue” instead of “Notre blog”.
- Portuguese (Brazil) shows the exact same screen as Portuguese.
Suggested revised language list:
(“xxx” in the first column refers to the name of the language in its own alphabet, which I don’t attempt to reproduce here. The second column is the name in English as shown in the hover popup.)
xxx … [Arabic]
xxx … [Bulgerian]
xxx … [Chinese (Simplified)]
xxx … [Chinese (Traditional)]
xxx … [Czech]
Dansk … [Danish]
Nederlands … [Dutch]
Deutsch … [German]
xxx … [Greek]
English … [English]
Esperanto … [Esperanto]
Eesti … [Estonian]
Suomi … [Finnish]
Galego … [Galician]
xxx … [Hebrew]
Magyar … [Hungerian]
Indonesian … [Indonesian]
Italiano … [Italian]
xxx … [Japanese]
xxx … [Korean]
xxx … [Latvian]
xxx … [Lithuanian]
xxx … [Luxembourgish]
xxx… [Norwegian Bokmal]
Polski … [Polish]
Português … [Portuguese]
xxx … [Russian]
xxx … [Slovak]
Español … [Spanish]
Svenska … [Swedish]
xxx … [Turkish]
xxx … [Ukranian]