"Unknown" is RG

Read the rest of the thread; only curators can access the profiles and observations of users who have been flagged as spam right now.

I can open it in android app though

The profile and observations

Is this some kind of bug too?? Because I’m not a curator

1 Like

I’m not a curator and I can see it just fine.

Also notice on the photo credit page that the unknown taxa symbol is shown along with the subspecies name that was withdrawn.

Surely it’s showing now as user is not blocked anymore.

Ok, so now that the user’s visibility has been solved… Does anyone know why it’s showing as “Unknown” with RG? :)

I noticed the same thing on another observation which was also displayed as “Unknown” despite having an ID (Family Carabidae) and showed up in the Unknown category on the identify page. Adding a comment updated the observation and solved the issue.

Pretty sure that my first screenshot on Android app was from the time it’s not solved, but i didn’t have time to post it then.
It showed 4.11 AM UTC+7.00, if you convert it to your time zone, i’m sure it’s before or at the same time as @tiwane reply this thread.

Maybe this happened because they had opted-out for community taxon ?

Nope. I checked that.

Success!! It is now showing the correct species. All I did was add a comment, as you suggested. Clearly a bug?

We fixed it on the back end, but unfortunately don’t know what caused it to reach this state. If anyone comes across a similar situation, please make a bug report.

3 Likes