Update Traditional Projects design to match Collections/Umbrellas

I agree, because as far as I know there is no other way to collect observations in a Project based on Fields, which the User can create and assign to any observations that fit their requirements. Eg I created a Project for “Seeds found in NZ”, which can be assigned by anyone to any observation, intended for good clear images of …Seeds found in NZ. (“Seed” being a non-scientific, purely functional term in this case, for whatever we lay people understand as a seed, or container of seeds, etc).
(on a side note -after a flurry of initial activity in “my” Seeds Found in NZ Project, I came across a pre-existing Project with a very similar function, which would have made mine unnecessary had I been aware of it. So in future before creating such a Project I will try the Global Search on related terms to see if such a Project already exists. I did PM the creator of that Project asking if I should delete mine and combine the obs, but I haven’t had a reply so I kept mine in operation since it had been recently added to by several other users).

1 Like