Uploading observation: all text says 'missing "en-US.or" translation', odd suggestions

Browser: Firefox
URLs: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/upload
Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem: Looks like the text is broken on the US site and is showing a placeholder text indicating that it doesn’t know what words to put there. I can still upload photos and fill out the forms, but the longer text has shoved the green button for submitting stuff almost off the page.

Also, it seems to be showing me species suggestions for animals way out of range that I don’t normally get-- I tried to upload a White-breasted Nuthatch, which is extraordinarily common in the US, but the suggestions had to be birds in a different country that looked completely different. I don’t know if I just took an unusually awful photo and the computer vision is confused, or if this is a broader issue.

To recreate:
Step 1: Click “upload” on the main page
Step 2: Click the blue button that’s probably supposed to say upload observations
Step 3: Upload images

1 Like

I’m not seeing this in Firefox 75 on my mac.

• can you please open the web console in your browser and post a screenshot of it? It should look like this, although hopefully with some error text in it.

In Firefox, you can open the console by going to the Tools menu, then Web Developer -> Web Console.

1 Like

This is what it shows for me:

2 Likes

Thanks.

• how much RAM does your device have?

• how many other applications do you have open?

• how large are the files you’re importing into the uploader?

2 Likes

The computer I’m on has 12.0 GB [11.8GB usable] of RAM;
I have open an Outlook window and a Firefox window with 5 tabs;
The photo in my first post is 6.97MB, most of my photos are ~5MB on average though

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

So I cleared my cache to see if that would do anything, and it looks like everything is back to normal now… I guess it was a problem on my side and not the actual site :o

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like