When adding common names set the language the website/app is in

It would be cool if when you add a common name to a taxon the language setting would be automatically shown the same as the language the website is set on for you (of course it must be editable). It definitely can save lots of time of choosing the language from the list on each taxon,

You did not vote for your own request?

1 Like

I couldn’t, it was under verification for some time.

2 Likes

There does however require some way to still add a name in a language other than the one you are using. At a bare minimum you need to still be able to change it if it auto-fills. Otherwise for example curators dealing with flags would have to constantly change their site language to resolve them.

1 Like

Sure, I wrote in original post that it definitely should be editable so you can switch to another language as you do it now, just there will be a defaut language already set.

2 Likes

[quote=“melodi_96, post:5, topic:8468”]
just there will be a defaut language already set.
[/quote] exactly, it must be possible to add common names for other languages too. But almost all common names I add are for my default language…

Made an issue here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/2508 Obviously this will only happen when one’s Locale matches a Lexicon on the menu.

1 Like

OK, this has been implemented:

As noted above, this will only happen when your locale matches a lexicon in the menu. Please let us know if it’s working for you.

3 Likes