Whoops Error uploading on iOS app

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):
iOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

——-

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: choose photos

Step 2: choose ID

Step 3: process fails

Something wrong with my phone?

This has happened several times this week.

This is usually due to adding the observation to a project but the observation doesn’t meet the project’s requirements. Are you trying to add the observation to a project?

No, no project involved. Just uploading. Usually, a 2nd or 3rd attempt works fine, except this one SOML obs persistently fails to upload.

FWIW, when I changed the ID from Stateofmatter Life to nothing (Unknown), This record successfully uploaded and I stopped getting the Whoops msg.

I’ve gotten the whoops message Every

time I uploaded a record in the iOS app, presumably, because it was having trouble uploading the record labeled state of matter life.

Can you share a screenshot of that observation’s details by going to it, clicking on Edit, and then taking a screenshot? I don’t think it’s the ID, I was just able to upload something IDed as life.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/194909099

This has been ID now, but I tried to upload it as state of matter life and had multiple whoops errors. Each time I tried to upload something after, although the newer records would go in, the, from the state of life observation would repeat So I deleted any ID and just uploaded it as unknown. for some reason, I don’t know why, that worked.