"All time" stats

Hello everyone.

I was sharing some information about iNaturalist with a fellow naturalist when I realized that I don’t know how to generate the “All time” stats for my data.

I can see it for civil years, like 2019 and 2020, but I am unable to do it for the time period since I joined iNat until the present day.

I wanted to do this in order to see how many taxa of each group I had observed (like how many birds, plants, fungii, etc).

I know that I can do this using the old “life-list”, but that feature is outdated and is not updating correctly. I tried doing it in the new life-list (which is a major improvement, kudos for all the developers), but I could only see how many observations (not taxa) I had for each group.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this kind of info (preferably the “all-time” stats)?

4 Likes

Ue the following:
https://www.inaturalist.org/stats/YEAR/USERNAME

Example: https://www.inaturalist.org/stats/2020/joaolemoslima

Yes, that works for a given year (I linked my stats for 2019 and 2020 on the post). But what I’m trying to do is generate the stats for the whole time I’ve been using iNaturalist (i.e., since I signed up until today)

This isn’t possible to view an all-time stats page like the yearly ones on the iNat website, but you could use the API to build something similar that meets your needs.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I think I have come to a point where the answer to all my questions is the API, so I guess I’ll need to learn how to work with it…

It looks to me like you’ve seen 168 species of plants, based on your new life list. I see the same using the Explore page filters for your plant observations. Do either of those get you what you want?

4 Likes

Oh!
Thank you very much! I tried doing that yesterday, but it wasn’t showing up. My guess is that I had some kind of filter active and therefore it was not accurate.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Add this as a feature request, as it does not exist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.