App version number: multiple over the last 5+ years
Description of problem:
I’ve found that when using the app on slow internet lots of weird things happen. Most recently the app uploaded a single observation with a photo as 2 observations: 1 without a photo and 1 that contained only a photo (it’s still like that because I can’t figure out how to merge observations). In the past I’ve experienced many similar issues where I just don’t know what’s going to appear online. I gave up using the app for many years because of this. I’m not sure if this is related or not, but I’ve also used the iNat app’s AI bot to identify cultivated plants. I then think that I cancel the observation, but I often (not always) end up with blank observations on my account. I know this isn’t a clear explanation of a single, easily identifiable bug, but I suspect that it’s a common problem. If I weren’t a biologist with a strong interest in identifying species and in the importance of citizen science, I would’ve given up on iNat long ago because of how difficult it is to upload observations.