Problems Uploading Observations (Android App)

I have very poor internet where I am, but this issue has only started recently after an update so I’m inclined to think it’s an issue with the app.

Whenever I upload an observation through a photo I previously took with my camera, it appears to upload it as one observation on the app, but when I check it on my computer it has two separate observations: one with just the photo (no species ID) and another that contains the photo’s metadata and whatever species ID I selected. Both observations seem to get little attention which would imply it’s displaying that way for everyone, not just my computer. Some photos just don’t upload on android at all, going straight from the photo selection screen back to the “my observations” screen with no apparent way to actually add it in.

I’ve emailed some images to my computer, but like I said before, my internet is very unreliable and it would be a lot faster to just upload from my phone…

I haven’t tried it with the in-app camera, but I don’t ever use it anyway just because I have poor reception in my area.

Looks like this is a duplicate topic, so I’ll merge it into the existing one. Unfortunately the existing bug report is still unresolved. https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/android-app-double-posting/2861

If it happens again, you can send a log file to the app developers which can help them with troubleshooting the issue. To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to help@inaturalist.org.

Some other info that can generally be helpful when submitting reports about issues with uploading:

• What version of the iNat mobile app?
  • What kind of device and what operating system version are you using?
  • Do you have auto-upload turned on?
  • Does this happen for every observation you upload?
  • Does it only happen when you have a poor internet connect?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Android app double posting