While trying to drawn down the backlog of flagged atlases and create some new ones, I’ve run across some specific boundary-related inaccuracies:
- The Bonin Islands (or Ogasawara Islands) don’t appear to be included in the atlas polygons at all
- The Volcano Islands to their south are included in Shikoku. Both island chains are part of Tokyo prefecture.
- The polygon for Isla Tortuga, east of Baja California, is located in the wrong place, as is that for Isla San Pedro Martir to the north.
- Akimiski Island is included as part of Kenora, Ontario, but should be part of Qikiqtaaluk, Nunavut
- Fatu Hiva and Motane or Moho Tani lack boundaries; these islands are part of the Îles Marquises, French Polynesia, and immediately adjacent to the mapped islands.
- The Prince Edward Islands (including Marion Island), part of South Africa, are missing from the map.