Create a way to unfollow one's own observations

As far as I know, there is no way to unfollow one’s own observations. I have my Account Settings set to not receive notifications where the ID exactly matches my own. But I have many observations where I do not want to continue following as others add consistent but more refined IDs beyond the level I’m comfortable with. I often look for the “follow” tab on my own observations so I can uncheck it, but there doesn’t seem to be one.

0 Likes

Just meta forum (about iNaturalist), or a forum for the iNaturalist community to discuss shared interests?

I think even if you create a feature request, that you still have to separately vote on it.

1 Like

Thank you, bouteloua–I hadn’t realized that.

0 Likes

Thanks for this, I requested this feature before on GG. I suspect the current logic is that it is best for a user to remain aware of the IDs and discussions happening on their own observations. I would rather be given the choice to unfollow. I don’t think I’d use it often, but at times it becomes irksome if one of my obs is very actively ID’d or discussed, but on a level way beyond my knowledge or interest. Or if the discussion turns nasty, luckily that hasn’t happened on one of my own obs, but I have been pleased to be able to unfollow other obs because this happened.

1 Like