Easter Weekend 2020 International BioBlitz

I’d love to join, my username is @whimbrelbirder

I’d also like to join @philpav
Thanks!

I would love to participate. My username is @mgood

@michael64

Thank you!

I’d love to take part!

Hopefully it isn’t too late to take part in this! My iNat username is @thetorterra.

Please include me in the BioBlitz
susanblayney

Sign me up. - hflamholtz

Is it too late? I thought I joined by going directly to the project but I guess not! Please add me if there’s time :)

Many thanks to everyone who joined in on the Easter BioBlitz across the world - I sincerely hope you enjoyed the long weekend - you certainly made lots of observations with some exciting animals and plants I have never seen or heard of before - thank you very much indeed. These are worrying times with the CoronaVirus (Covid-19) and getting out into the natural environment and observing the wildlife helps reduce the stress and worry considerably.

So far, we have 18, 372 observations for the weekend BUT a number of people are still entering observations from the backlog they have accrued over the last few days - an excellent result I think. Perhaps we should do something similar next year ??

Cheers, take care and keep safe to you all.

Steve

2 Likes

I really wish I could have done more. But not only had spring not properly started here, it snowed the last two days with wicked winds. Although I enjoyed what I could do, it would be great to find another (additional) date just a wee bit later in the year to hold a similar event. Easter will be even earlier next year.

Thanks for organizing.

BTW, is there a reason this project doesn’t show up in my project list? My observations can be found in the project but there’s no indication on each individual observation page that they’ve been added and the BioBlitz doesn’t show up as a project I’ve joined. Or, at least it hadn’t the last time is looked.

4 Likes

For collection projects it will only show on the observation page that it is in the project if you are a member of the project itself. The administrator would have added you to the criteria for the project (the “include observations by these people” part) but you still have to “join” the project (top right dropdown menu in the project page, from memory)

2 Likes

ah… got it.
I did try that - clicking the ‘join’ button - but I didn’t see that it made a difference to click that button and my name was on the list so I thought there wasn’t anything else for me to do. The issue was, I wasn’t scrolling down far enough to the bottom of the page for a final click. Now I know. Thanks @kiwifergus.

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I still to this day forget to confirm the join whenever I join a project… I click join, go back to the observation, why is it not showing?, oh yeah, click join and confirm, that’s got it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.