Exclusion of Native Species from Project - Example Palatka Skipper

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I am participating in a Project of only Native Species and these two are not included, though they are native.

Step 2:

Step 3:


Every species has to get its status added manually, if you want it to be added into project with “native” requirement, it’s done on a species list page for a place.
But this setting isn’t the best, it’s easier to add introduced species as exclusions in project filter.


I changed the title to be more descriptive and because having a link in the title isn’t ideal. Original title was:
Palatka Skipper (Euphyes pilatka) and https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/149122882

This worked! I am thrilled. Thank you for pointing this out. If ever I have to use this technique as a way of setting a species as Native, of course I will be certain that is the case for that species, and it was with what I did just now. Thanks again Marina for taking the time to answer my concern. Art

1 Like