Identified and Reviewed observations not disappearing when Identify page is refreshed

When I’m working on my laptop in the Identify page, I’ll have several of the observations on the page identified or otherwise clicked as Reviewed, and, whether I click on something that takes me out of the page and then I go back or I hit refresh to clear out the ones I have already done, the site has not been clearing all of them out. Many (all?) look like they have returned to their unreviewed state, so it appears as if my previous actions didn’t take. But when I click on them one at a time, my ID loads and it goes back to Reviewed. I like to keep a clean and organized working space, which is one of the reasons I like to refresh rather than waiting 'til I get to the end of the page, but this is causing a lot of hassle.

Well, since creating the forum post, it’s working beautifully again. Did somebody fix it? If so, thank you!!

Spoke too soon. Working most of the time. I’m guessing it has something to do with load times or site traffic or…something.

1 Like

I have had this a couple of times as well…

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately still happening. It just comes and goes.

Are you pressing the Mark all as reviewed button, or are these only reviewed via adding an ID or manually marking each one as reviewed?

I have to wait several moments for each observation to actually get marked as reviewed when I use the blue button. There’s a little swirly “loading” gif that indicates when its safe to refresh the page.

2 Likes

I have this problem quite regularly (if not exclusively), and it’s always the last observation (or occasionally last 2) on the page. I’m reviewing observations individually. This happens if I select “View more unreviewed” or if I reload the page (because selecting “View more unreviewed” is only helpful if you’re on Page 1, a separate annoyance I mention here). However, I’ve noticed a workaround: if instead of selecting “View more unreviewed” or reloading the page, I close the Identify “pop-up window” and reselect the last observation, then it realizes it’s reviewed and won’t stick around when I do select “View more unreviewed” or reload. (You can also hit the right button again and it brings you back to the last observation, so when you get to the end, hitting the right button twice is a fairly quick way to deselect and reselect.) Still annoying though.

A separate issue (but related?) issue I’ve had is sometimes the observations, one by one, unreview themselves. I think this might be related to my network connection, as if the page never recognized that I reviewed them to begin with. This is much more uncommon.

I just went through a few pages on Identify, using the modal (aka pop-up) and marked each one as reviewed as I cycled through them and can’t replicate. But I’ve definitely seen this happen before.

One thing that always gets me is when I comment only, I forget that adding a comment doesn’t mark the observation as reviewed, so it pops up again.

I haven’t been having it lately, and I think it might only happen when I’m only reviewing a portion of the observations on the page. Or maybe it only happens when I’m not on the first page, say because I filled up a page of observations I didn’t want reviewed so that would be related. When I review them all it works as expected.