If a user is suspended, why are they listed in observation searches?

This is the only thread I can find about suspended users (and leaderboard)?
If the user has been suspended - why do they still sit at the top of the leaderboard?

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&preferred_place_id=113055&subview=table&taxon_id=519767&view=identifiers

It is a very short leaderboard, and the top 2 are both suspended.

1 Like

Do suspended users get their IDs and obs removed?!

they do not

1 Like

I cannot click their profile to see their IDs. Invisible, if not actually removed.

They may still be visible on the obs ?

Since the topic this was posted to was about spam accounts, I moved your question to a separate topic. I’m also unlisting it because it links to specific users.

Curator here, suspension does not automatically remove any content, it only stops the person from logging into their account, and prevents non-curators from viewing their profile. But the obs and IDs are still there and anyone can see these on the map or in searches for obs of a certain taxon, suspension just stops you accessing the profile of the user, nothing else is hidden and nothing is removed.

Now, sometimes staff will remove all content of a suspended user, if the reason they were suspended is something that invalidates all their content (usually sockpuppetry), but that is not a standerd part of suspension

1 Like

Suspended for bad behaviour ?
But the IDs are reliable.
If you say so.

Someone could make insults and be really obnoxious but not be entering fake IDs

2 Likes