Increase number of image uploads at once on iOS app

this one

you can add as many extra photos as you want to a single observation here
see my video tutorial I made for someone else previously: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZkbCTriATL_HBrAJeqWG_DieMUcRkp6/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

OMG thank you sooooooo much! You wouldnā€™t believe how many hours Iā€™ve wasted on manually adding pics :sob: seeing as I pretty much all of the time have more than 5 pics per obā€¦

I really, really appreciate it! :heart:

2 Likes

Nice!

But noā€¦ I meant how will it impact negatively the existence of multi-organism observations?
I agree with @cthawley :

So it would potentially be a positive in some sense - just less multi-organism obs to deal with.

Did you not see those before? Iā€™m not sure how much of a difference itā€™ll make, but we redesigned the Combine and Duplicate buttons on the upload page yesterday so that they stand out a bit more when the proper observation selections are made because some people do seem to not notice them.

1 Like

I had no clue what the combine button meant lol. And if I did, I donā€™t think I wouldā€™ve figured out how to use it.

1 Like

I now realise why I havenā€™t used that feature before.

I upload all my pics from my iPad. Via the web (I just look up iNat on internet).

If you try to upload them this way though, you canā€™t use the ā€˜combineā€™ feature, only the ā€˜duplicateā€™ one. Since you canā€™t select 2 or more images at once. So the button always stayed grey for me. I was always curious about it though. And through this topic I figured out what itā€™s for. So I tried it out, but it didnā€™t work.

And I donā€™t wanna use the iNat app, because u can only upload 4 pictures at a time. I have over a thousand pictures to upload, and I really donā€™t wanna do them one by one. Thatā€™ll take an entire day. (Also the reason why theā€™re so many I have to upload, I keep procrastinating lol).

I also canā€™t upload them to my pc, since it broke recently.

So now Iā€™m stuck in this infinite loop of un-oploaded pictures, and the pile only gets bigger and bigger.

I really need some help :pray:

Hold upppp, I just figured out u can tap and hold on a picture, and then drag it onto another picture!

Edit: Urghhh itā€™s almost as if iNat doesnā€™t want me to uploadā€¦ I was in the middle of a 400 image bulk uploadā€¦ like 30 mins in it just crashes and everything is goneā€¦ Iā€™m pissed lol

That sounds so frustrating! You just want upload to be easy

Yes, you can drag and drop. I think most folks upload in smaller chunks in case something goes wrong. 400 images at a time sounds like a lot, so Iā€™d suggest breaking it up into smaller uploads. I tend to max out around 20 observations.

Since this is a feature request, letā€™s try to keep the conversation focused on the specific issue that the OP raised. If there are other issues with uploads that could be improved, there are some existing threads/requests for that or new ones can be created.

1 Like

The latest update is rolling out in the App Store over the next few days and the photo import limit is now 8 images.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 35 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.