Observation notification does not clear alert when clicked on

I’m not 100% sure I’m experiencing the same issue, but sounds similar. Basically:

1. I open iNat and see I have a notification
  2. I click on the speech bubble and see the dropdown for the notification
  3. I click on the dropdown, and I get taken to the observation/page in question
  4. I notice that I have ‘another’ notification now
  5. I click on the speech bubble, and it’s actually the first notification (that I’ve already clicked on) registering as a notification again

This has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks, for notifications on all kinds of content. Has happened on both Opera and Chrome

Pretty sure it’s a different issue, but has been happening for me for a while too.

Seeing it too. We’ll take a look.

Can replicate.

Happening to me too on Firefox.

Another related bug is happening with messages, not sure if it’s been reported before. If you click on the message button when you have a notification and then click off, instead of being marked as reviewed like it should, it just stays like that until you reload the page.

Made an issue here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3046

What do you mean by “click off” here. In my experience, the message notification stays red until you’ve actually opened up the message.

1 Like

I’m used to the notifications going away once you click on the message icon and then click anywhere else on the page. I suppose having to view it would reduce accidental marking as read.

Just sent myself a test message and opened up the message notification but didn’t click on the message.

The new message icon didn’t go away until I read the message, which is how it’s behaved for some time, in my experience.

1 Like

Yes, I’m not sure anymore, maybe what I’m asking for is a feature request. :man_shrugging:

1 Like