Pictures upload failing when creating a new observation via web browser

Have y’all made any progress on your end? There were updates for the macOS this morning (12.5.1) which I applied on my MacBook Pro and my iMac. There were also updates to Creative Cloud Control, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop which I applied. None made a difference. I don’t normally use my iMac for submitting observations, but I did try it this morning and had the same upload failures as my MacBook. Also tried changing the DNS from Spectrum’s default to Google’s 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Didn’t help. Still showing high and constant download speeds upload (600+ mbps up and 40 mbps down.) Running ping in the background still shows no dropped packets, and low, stable response times. And my uploads to Adobe cloud are fast and worry-free. Seen anything in your server or firewall logs?

I have found a workaround for now. I export my full size jpeg 4 times per pic and try to upload all four. More often than not one or two will succeed, so I will delete the failures and extra succeeded not needed and submit my observation that way. Very cumbersome and unsustainable for the long haul, but keeps me from being shutdown completely short-term.

Let me know if there is something else you’d like me to do on my end. - John

1 Like