Seek only shows scientific names when chosen Mandarin

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): ios

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 2.16.0 (350)

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices:

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Some time ago, my Seek App has stopped displaying common names, even for species that I’m certain used to show them.

I’ve tried switching languages and name modes, closing and reopening the app each time I changed the settings. While I haven’t tried all the languages, both English and Japanese display common names as expected. However, common names do not show for Mandarin, neither for simplified nor traditional Chinese.

1 Like

I don’t think this was reported previously on the forum, but there’s already a github issue for it:


Thanks for telling me. Glad to know that this issue was on github already!

1 Like

Same here! While in the species description below the Mandarin (common) name and relevant information are available and complete…
Will therefore think, in principle, displaying the names consistently in the same language is possible.