Stopped receiving email updates

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Mac

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox, Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I stopped receiving daily email updates 2 days ago without changing any configurations, for the first time in years. The email address it comes from is inaturalist.org.

Step 2:

Step 3:

Noting that another user contacted me a couple of weeks ago to say they had the same issue

1 Like

Interesting, do you know if they are getting them from a node or iNat.org? Don’t know if it makes a difference but might.

In the past week, I see update emails generated for your account’s email address for February 6, 7, 8, 13, 14 - does that match up with the daily updates emails you’ve received? Someone else has said they’ve missed some as well, so we’re taking a look.

Yes, I did not receive updates for the 9, 10, 11 and 12. On the 12th I went in and fiddled around with the settings, to “save” them again and hopefully reset them this way. It worked. I started receiving the updates on the 13 again.

Note that all the email notification options were ticked before, and the only things I changed were the ones that now appear without a tick on the screenshot.

1 Like

Woops I missed this comment, Australia node

1 Like

I take that back. It is happening again, the updates stopped coming again. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I received up until yesteday, nothing today. (They always arrive first thing in the AM).

1 Like

I see an email for today (the 17th) but not the 16th.

Nothing for 2023-02-17

Sorry about that, I was going by subject date, not sent date. I asked one of our devs to take a look but I don’t know when they’lll be able to do so.

Ok, we figured out the problem and will release a fix on Monday. We usually don’t release updates on Fridays in case the updates cause problems over the weekend.

https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/pull/3671

We released this fix today, it was related to one’s observations being faved by others. @magazhu I faved one of your observations today, let me know if you receive an update email tomorrow.