Strange behavior in Identify tool progress bar

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

Description of problem: I am using the Identify tool with the Needs ID filter unchecked to quickly annotate a group of records using keyboard shortcuts. After annotating each page/set of 30 observations, I mark all as reviewed and view more. The green progress bar suggests that I have reviewed all records with the given search parameters, but there are still a few hundred remaining. As I annotate and mark each page of records as reviewed, the number at the end of the progress bar drops, but the total number reviewed does not appear to increase by the number being marked reviewed. I would expect the total number of matching observations to remain static and the number reviewed to increase, but perhaps I am misunderstanding the calculation that the progress bar is based on/using the Identify tool for something it was not designed for. I feel like perhaps I am missing something, but at least one other person has noticed the same behavior and asked me about it. Maybe it has something to do with the way my search string is formulated? Here it is, for reference: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify?quality_grade=any&without_term_id=1&taxon_id=47157&photos=true&not_in_project=caterpillars-of-eastern-north-america&place_id=95113

Screenshots of what you are seeing:
(mark all as reviewed, view more) x2
Total in lower right drops by 60; count of reviewed only increases by 1.
(mark all as reviewed, view more)
Total in lower right drops by 30; count of reviewed only increases by 2. Still plenty remaining to review based on remaining pages:
Screenshots of the in-between steps, for clarity:
a
b

As you annotate, the observations you’ve annotated stop meeting the criteria for your query (you add life stage and then they get a term_id=1), so that’s why your total count drops. However, you’re not able to annotate all of them, so the ones that you can’t, stay in the total, but get marked reviewed, which causes your count of reviewed obs to go up (but not by much, because most of the ones you’ve reviewed have gotten annotated). Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you! I had a feeling that I had set myself up for this, but I hadn’t managed to think it all the way through.