I’d love to run reports and simple descriptive statistics on my own observations and activities.
Some would be about activities in the field, for example:
- how many obs did I upload over time
- how many obs did I make over time (e.g., observed in 2006 but uploaded this year)
- distribution by continent (country?) of obs
- what was my average number of posted obs per outing (defined on the basis of date/place)
- plot all the places I found a given class/genus/species
- plot everything I found in a given place (I photomonitor a reserve & this could help make sense of what I see)
Others would be about my in-iNat activities - mostly tho not all around data quality. I’d like to see if my IDs are improving, by what factors they vary, etc. Some examples might be:
- how many of my obs started out as angiosperm and ended up as species, by me or the community (plus drill down to the obs), categorized by species/order, time, etc.
- how many times I IDed an obs that was changed by the community, categorized by genus/class etc., by geography, over time (am I getting better/more careful?),
- how many IDs an obs received (on average, maybe categorized by genus, or geography…) - for those that don’t get any, go and find a relevant expert & ask for help.
I know some of this kind of info exists here and there - I stumble on them occasionally - but to have them all grouped together on a “reports” or “analysis” page would be brilliant. If it already exists, please forgive the above treatise and point me there!
Anyway, thanks for reading :-) Kit NotYourAverageCatLady