Welcome to the club, New Zealand! (Countries and regions with more than 1m verifiable observations)

I get just over 2,000,000 verifiable (excuse commas :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like

Thank you, I get what I was doing wrong now.

Denmark joined the Club!

4 Likes

yay!

Ecuador and Portugal are probably next.

2 Likes

Colombia is only 100k observations short as well.

Denmark is, after NZ, the second-smallest country (in terms of inhabitants) - will take some more time until another sub-6 Mill. member (Costa Rica) will surpass the threshold.

For Austria, expectations are to reach the target around the time of the next CNC

4 Likes

Globally, we’re also only 2000 species off 400,000

4 Likes

We have made only 2 ND observations, but we think they are pretty cool!
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=13&subview=table&user_id=wildwestnature&verifiable=any

3 Likes

Ecuador is very close! Our partners there are promoting it on Twitter and Facebook.

5 Likes

my metropolitan area (Greater Houston) just passed 1 million verifiable.

5 Likes

AAAAnd it happened!

:ecuador: :clap:t3:

4 Likes

I’m proud to say that 0.000043993 of those observations were contributed by me.

8 Likes

INABIO livestreamed a celebratory event today, for surpassing 1m observations in Ecuador!

It’s almost entirely in Spanish but you can have YouTube generate auto-translated subtitles if you’re not a Spanish speaker. The English ones seem to be pretty good.

9 Likes

The state of Florida just recently passed 3,000,000 observations!

6 Likes

So who will reach 1 million in 2023?

I think my home country of Austria is a good candidate, they are at 920,113 verifiable right now. They only added 6,504 observations in January - and likely will be similar for February and March as the winter months always have less people observing but should pick up a lot in April.

4 Likes

Last year, I extrapolated the trend for Austria and expect the threshold will be reached around the CNC. Let’s see :relaxed:

3 Likes

And here we are - Colombia joined the club! :colombia:
Just a bit over a month after Ecuador reached the milestone it is now the third South American country with over one Million verifiable observations. And Argentina will soon follow…

8 Likes

@Ajott :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe the thread title should be changed…

1 Like

And I did not even upload those pending observations of mine yet :laughing:

1 Like

Funny…seems it has picked up speed… if it is going on like this, it will probably crack the 4 Mil mark this year :-)

Australia ticked over to 5 million observations in the past couple of days

7 Likes