When uploading 10+ observations from a smartphone at once duplicate happens

Hello everyone!
I use my smartphone (screenshot for details) to make and upload obs.

This is a second time I’ve experienced this.

When uploading 10+ observations duplicate happens: in this case Silene sp. as can be seen from a screenshot, they both show exact same time of upload, so I’m sure I didn’t accidentaly upload 'em twice.

When trying to delete duplicate - the original looses it’s images and appears as empty observation, but keeps it’s ID.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

UPDATE: when trying to edit that leftover empty obs and add photos - it disappears altogether (note that the value of number of observations changed only by 1).

Can you send a log file to help@inaturalist.org? To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to us.

In the email, please include a link to this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

@kastani is this still happening for you?

İt is. İ suspect it’s the issue with my phone and how it deals with storage, but im not sure.

Closing this thread?

No, just wanted to see if it had been fixed or not (sometimes these bug reports move to email/private messages).

Yes I have had this. When I then duplicate one entry both disappear. This has been happening for at least 6 months (Android app).

1 Like