Are you experiencing a technical issue with iNaturalist? This category is the place to report it.
By “bug” we mean that something is not working the way it is intended to. This is not a place to make a feature request (there’s a separate category for that), nor is it a place to start a discussion about how iNaturalist does things - you can do that in the General category. As well:
- Incorrect or missing translations can be fixed at Crowdin: https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/translate
- Missing species of taxonomic issues should be flagged on iNaturalist instead of posted to the forum. Go to the taxon page on the website, click Curation, then Flag for curation, and a site curator will take a look.
- Please note that iNaturalist’s Guides feature is presented “as is” and will not be updated further.
- If the bug relates to the Android app, it’s often helpful to send a log file to the development team to assist in diagnosing the issue. Right after the bug occurs, go to the About page in the app and tap 3 times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only one bug per report please.
Non-urgent bugs are generally distributed to the development team on a weekly basis.
When you make a new bug report, you will see a template similar to what’s below. This will help us investigate the bug, so please fill it out as thoroughly as possible. Thank you!
(example answers for each section below)
Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android
App version number, if mobile app issue. This is shown under “About” on Android and (Settings) on iOS: 1.15.1 (386)
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc): Firefox 72.0.2
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/38062313
Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):
Step 1: Go to https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/38062313
Step 2: Write a comment and click “Done”
Step 3: No matter what you write, it saves as “I am a zombie and I will eat your brains.”